Sunday, January 8, 2012

Warrior Trailer


A few months ago my younger brother called me to tell me about a movie he had just seen: Warrior.  I was told, "Sara, you have got to see it!  It's absolutely amazing!"  All he told me, however, is that it was about two brothers involved in MMA.  My puzzled response, probably like most young women, was "MMA what?"  Well, Mixed Martial Arts of course!  At that, I instantly wrote the movie off.  (Sorry, my apologies for being a girl.)   

Well, I recently saw this movie and it absolutely blew me away.  Warrior is possibly the most powerful movie I have ever seen.    It is absolutely heart-wrenching to watch this dramatic story unfold as two brothers come together after years of separation to face each other in a mixed martial arts contest.   Sadly, their relationship is fraught with bitterness and resentment, whereby the only thing the brothers share is their despise for their alcoholic father who has recently become a Christian.  The family is extremely dysfunctional, to say the least.  While there is a lot of violence in Warrior, MMA is simply the back-drop for the larger story of brokenness, forgiveness, and redemption. It is fiercely moving.  

Grab some Kleenex.  The whole box.  Sit down. Watch it.         


No comments:

Post a Comment