Saturday, December 31, 2011

Reflecting on the Past Year and Looking Forward

As I look back on this past year, not only am I amazed at how fast it has gone, but I am blown away by God’s abundant and gracious provision, protection, guidance and faithfulness to me.  With each passing year God is stripping the scales from my eyes and allowing me to see more of Him for who He truly is.  I am such a painfully slow learner sometimes, and I myself believe I would have given up on me a long time ago, which is why I thank God He is patient with His ever-wandering child.   Thank you Lord!

As I go into this coming year (2012...eek!) I am both excited and anxious—excited for everything God has in store for me, but nevertheless anxious in not knowing what those things will be.  What I do know, however, is this:  My duty and desire is to love, honor, and worship my God in ALL that I do and in all that He brings me to.  And that truly is my desire.  I want to want God, to long for Him and pursue Him more than I ever have before.  I know in my own strength I am incapable of this, but I thank God for His Son and the work of the Holy Spirit in my life, as well as for fellow brothers and sisters in Christ who are encouraging and challenging me in my faith.  I want to be a woman after God’s own heart, undistracted and unwavered by the incessant pulls from the lusts and vanities of this world.  May this next year be a year filled with God’s glorious work as I seek to wholeheartedly pursue Him through Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment